« Home | Margaret River Fun » | Ronel's Birthday Lunch @ the Windsor » | bumper bashin' and all that » | Jurien Bay Holiday » | I burnt my brownies...but life is good » | Australia Day 2007! » | StReSsEd » | dinner by the river? » | hangin' with the girls » | New Year Celebrations! »

Easter Good Friday

What an awesome day Good Friday was! I got up at about 5am in the morning so that I could get to church at 7am for rehearsals. I helped put the puzzle painting together for the two morning services with a bunch of really beautiful girls, not forgetting Craig and Andrew for all their support and problem solving skills. Of course it wouldn't be church without our fellow photographer Sergi snapping pics of anything and everything! He is an awesome guy and his photos are fantastic (thats when he's not sneaking up on you and suddenly you have a camera right in your face!). You can check out his photos of everything Easter Riverview style on his blog elranchorelaxo. I just felt unbelievably cheery yesterday and at the same time very nervous about how the painting was going to turn out. However I had no reason to be nervous cos God was there and every service ran smoothly. I just love to see all the people that come with their servant hearts who make the whole experience special to those who may not know God. Crowds of people flowed in through the doors and each service was filled to the brim which is awesome to see.
Beautiful Amy :)
Us back stage waiting somwewhat nervously.

After the services I went to blonde blogger Ronels house to organise a little suprise picnic on the south Perth foreshore for Cathy. She has just turned 21 so I just want to say a very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a beautiful, talented woman who has such a generous warm heart, always wanting to help others :)
Happy 21st birthday Cathy!
Kate enjoying the sunshine.

I made cupcakes for our afternoon tea!
I just couldn't seem to get enough of church yesterday so I went again to the 6pm service with Ronel and Phil, then we met up with Cathy once again for dinner. Last night was the first session of "Facedown" a prayer meeting where those who want to pray can come. Us girls decided to check it out and was glad we had. It started at 10pm and went till midnight. They had set up different stations around the church where you could go and pray for things such as personal petitions, for the world, for other people, for our other churches- Riverview OC, north and south campuses and a confessional and repentance station. Many people attended and even though it was very quiet you could feel and almost hear the prayers of the people. There was such power in the room! What a way to end Good Friday and now I'm looking forward to Easter sunday morning service which will be just as great.
I love life and LOVE GOD!











great post Jodes.. always good to see this blog updated! he he

thanks Serg, yeah I know, we have been a little slack in the posting department of late. I'm trying, really! Nice to finally get a comment!

well comments arent my thing.. but when u get mentioned in a post.. well what can ya do.. u have to say sumthin.. hehe..

Post a Comment