« Home | Easter Good Friday » | Margaret River Fun » | Ronel's Birthday Lunch @ the Windsor » | bumper bashin' and all that » | Jurien Bay Holiday » | I burnt my brownies...but life is good » | Australia Day 2007! » | StReSsEd » | dinner by the river? » | hangin' with the girls »

Brisbane here I come!

It was Saturday the 21st of April and I was on my way finally to good old sunny Brisbane for a week of relaxation and exhilaration at the theme parks! I decided to meet my mum and my auntie in Brisbane (who flew up from Melbourne) and stay with a good friend Jeanette who lives in the hinterland isolated in the beautiful rainforest. My flight was probably the worst I have been on. Being the end of school holidays the plane was full of kids and screaming babies. I was stuck right at the back of the plane on a tiny Boeing 737 on an isle seat where air hostess trays seemed to find their way into the back of my head on a number of occasions and where I was constantly pushed and prodded by the continual line up of people waiting for the toilet. But I decided to not let that ruin my excitement of going back to Brisbane and so patiently stuck it out, till that moment when I could finally walk off the plane into the airport. Jeanettes house is an hour away from the CBD of Brisbane up into the mountainous rainforest region and I was absolutely blown away with both the house and the 360 degree views from her balcony. She has 40 acres of rainforest surrounding her three story timber house with all forms of life contained within including koalas, possums, dingoes, snakes, leaches and ticks.

On the balcony outside and the stair case.
Master bedroom and small balcony on 3rd floor.

Lounge area and one of the two bathrooms. How cool is the shower! The house has all these massive beams throughout and the highest ceilings I have ever seen.



The view from the balconies, photos just don't seem to capture the immensity of the trees and the beauty.
Its so beautiful here, great to get away from suburbia. I will try and post regularly so you can see what I get up to, for those that are interested!




oooh my goosh girlfriend, that's BEAUTIFUL! me thinks we shall have to book another BB getaway to Margaret River @ the Central Ave Apartments again ;) i'm getting jealous over here in chilly Perth!!

Post a Comment