« Home | Africa » | yipeee! » | a few collages of Africa » | things I love re-visited.. » | <-- Mutuyimana Marie ImmaculeeJust a quick hello ... » | we're back! » | gotta luv Chris » | One amazing man.... » | I am still alive!!!First of all, sorry about the L... » | just over 2 weeks away! »

change of pace

well this is day two of my 'taking it easy' week...

and it's been great to just sit and smell the roses...it's not very often that I get a bit of 'me-time'.

So this morning I was sitting out on the porch in the most gorgeous morning sun...staring at the little view of the city we get from our house (pitty about the power-lines!). Coffee in one hand, pen in the other, I got to journal for the first time without feeling rushed or the need to be somewhere or do something. It was a rather pleasant yet weird feeling, but one I definitely need to do more often. I love how sometimes when i feel i don't quite have the energy to pray, the pen flows so beautifully, page after page. When I was in Africa, there was so much inspiration and beauty around, it was such an awesome thing to be able to journal..it was very easy. I often feel at ease when I am surrounded by beauty, especially in nature.

But then sometimes there are days when then pen just doesn't want to flow and the words can't come out of my mouth to pray. Ever had those days? I find when i struggle to journal or pray...the ipod does wonders. A lil Hillsong turned down real low is the sweetest lullaby when i can't sleep...try it, it works!

Why do we struggle to find that 'quiet-time'?...procrastination perhaps?..i think thats a biggie for me!...the washing needs hanging out...what about the dishes!?...there's always something else I could be doing instead of my quiet time!

...distraction? definitey!...i forgot to call so and so...i wonder whats for dinner?..phone calls! I really want to get through a chapter of a book, or even a few pages of the Bible without feeling distracted - Lord please help me!

i know what you mean.

I struggle with it too..

It's sometimes almost as if the reason we don't do it is because we know that we need to.

In other words, we get scared off by the sense of how important it is in our lives, so we avoid it because it overwhelms our minds.

I'm not sure if that makes sense.. but i think that's what holds me back in the area of being disciplined with having quiet time.

You've gotta really force yourself with an enormous amount of self-control to start... but once you get started it's easy to continue as it's so good.

its just that initial fear that holds most people back i reckon..

Post a Comment