« Home | A tribute to Steve » | tea-pots, books and relationships » | missing the fam » | Psalm 145:2 (MSG) » | change of pace » | Africa » | yipeee! » | a few collages of Africa » | things I love re-visited.. » | <-- Mutuyimana Marie ImmaculeeJust a quick hello ... »

My Girl

oh wow...I hadn't heard this song by the Temptations in so long..remember from the movie 'My Girl'? - that was one of my favourites growing up!...secretly, it still is one of my favourite songs :P...it's funny how certain songs can bring memories flowing back from a particular time in your life...

When I turned 7, my parents threw a fairy party for me..it was the sweetest thing. All the girls had little ballerina tutus and fairy wings and tights...and the guys dressed up as pixies and elves (come on now, we were just 7)...and we had toad-stool cake made of mushrooms on chocolate stick thingys, we had red creaming soda (dubbed fairy juice)..and my dad (the MC :P) played all the golden oldies, which we all thought were just hilarious, but somehow we all knew the words to...My Girl, Pretty Woman, Downtown...so we danced around in my living room, for what felt like hours, to all these gorgeous old songs, singing into hair brushes and coke bottles - hilarious!...one day i'll show you the photos ;)
...ahh childhood