« Home | missing the fam » | Psalm 145:2 (MSG) » | change of pace » | Africa » | yipeee! » | a few collages of Africa » | things I love re-visited.. » | <-- Mutuyimana Marie ImmaculeeJust a quick hello ... » | we're back! » | gotta luv Chris »

tea-pots, books and relationships

this week has been inspirational to say the least!

I have really been focussing on being more of a creative spirit and it seems to be working :P
like the new look by the way?
I visited this sweet little homewares store in South Perth and I bought a bright red tea-pot...i love it!...and no it's not going to sit in its box and collect dirt, it has a new home, on my bookshelf...quite funky really :P
speaking of books, I am so proud of myself...I managed to read my first book from cover to cover in one week (that's a record for me) - it can take me a good three months to finish a book sometimes! - Blue like Jazz by Donald Miller...good read!!...


RELATIONSHIPS
....I went to the HerTime Days on Thursday for the first time and I was so inspired. Single and Sensational was the theme and I am sure it touched a lot of the ladies there that day. Amanda Powell was one of the four ladies being interviewed by Heather Baker and she is such a beautiful girl, serving the Lord with all she has. It really gave me hope for my future! Here are some things I got out of it:

  • Isaiah 61 says God will rebuild you (even after a previous messy relationship or hurt from a loved one)

  • Singleness doesn't define you

Molly is a beautiful 80 year old lady who has had her fair share of ups and downs through life and she gave this peice of advice...
  • 'There are worse things in life than being alone....it's being married to the wrong man' (or woman, for the guys reading this) - make wise decisions and watch out for the warning signs.

  • Life doesn't start when you meet that special someone...it continues.

  • And my favourite from Amanda, make a list of 75 things or dreams you would like to accomplish before you get to heaven...it can include the usuals like getting married, having children...and be creative too!...it can be something as small as learning to cook a certain meal or as big as learning to fly a plane (or bigger!).

Last Sunday nights message from Paul Morrison was also AMAZING! The one thing I got out of it was mainly his second point, which was 'Love your best friend'. Paul's best friend is his beautiful wife, Bec, but he was saying even if you don't have a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, love someone like CrAzY anyway! - isn't that great?...and big point: Don't wait to tell someone that you love them, tell them today.

Great post Cath! I too loved Paul's thing Sunday night. Thanks for reminding me of that point - it's a great one.

Good on you!

Post a Comment