« Home | Day 2 in Brisbane- MOVIEWORLD! » | Brisbane here I come! » | Easter Good Friday » | Margaret River Fun » | Ronel's Birthday Lunch @ the Windsor » | bumper bashin' and all that » | Jurien Bay Holiday » | I burnt my brownies...but life is good » | Australia Day 2007! » | StReSsEd »

Day 3, 4 in Brisbane

Well after our excitement in Movieworld on Sunday all of us decided we needed a chillax day so Monday was it! Had a great sleep in and then had a lazy morning before heading out onto a long bush track that Jeanette had cleared on her property through the trees. Its like overgrown rainforest/jungle and it has an amazing feel to it when you walk through. We absolutely covered ourselves in aeroguard before leaving the house as Jeanette seemed to love telling us all the gruesome details of tick bites and subsequent infections and we even took a container of salt which I found strange until Jeanette informed us that it was for removing leaches, ugh! Its such a mountainous region and discovered that the track we walked on traversed many of these hence we got a good leg workout! Here are some more pics of the forest, I got a bit snap happy so I won't post them all on!



There were some pretty nice flowers around too:



Today we decided to do a little shopping so headed out to Chermside shopping centre which is apparently the largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere. I can actually say that finally a shopping centre has gotten the better of me! I admit that I'm a bit of a shopper (not a shopaholic tho!) and can usually last a couple of different shopping centres back in Perth but today was definitely an effort! Suprise Suprise I didn't actually buy anything! Very frustrating when all that effort amounts to nothing :) Anyways tomorrow we are off to Noosa, a very beautiful coastal spot about an hour and a halfs drive North of Sunshine coast and we are staying at the Sebel Hotel, very fancy! So I'm looking forward to soaking up some sun and catching some waves:)